West Valley Scuba LLC, dba Aloha Dive
Complete Liability Release
2. I acknowledge that I am a certified scuba diver, trained in safe diving practices and have practiced my diving skills within the last year, or I am a student under direct supervision of a current certified and insured instructor.
3. I will inspect all of my equipment, whether it it my personal equipment or rental equipment, prior to leaving the dock or shore, and will notify West Valley Scuba LLC dba Aloha Dive and/or Chris Russello, Deborah Disney, and/or its agents, employees, instructors, contract instructors, and/or professional dive leaders in the event that the equipment is not functioning properly.
4. I will not hold West Valley Scuba LLC, dba Aloha Dive, Chris Russello, Deborah Disney, not any of its officers, agents, instructors, servants, employees, or dive boats responsible for my failure to inspect my personal life support system prior to diving.
5. I acknowledge that I am physically fit to engage in scuba diving and snorkeling and I will not hold West Valley Scuba LLA dba Aloha Dive, Chris Russello, Deborah Disney, nor any of its officers, agents, instructors, servants, and employees responsible if I am injured as a result of heart problems, lung problems, or any other illnesses or accidents, including, but not limited to ear problems and/or medical problems while scuba diving, snorkeling, or swimming and any other activity sponsored by West Valley Scuba LLC dba Aloha Dive, Chris Russello, and/or Deborah Disney.
6. I am not taking and/or have not taken any medication or other drug, am not under the influence of any drug, including the consumption of alcoholic beverage(s), and am not under a doctor’s care for anything that would contradict or otherwise affect my performance while scuba diving, snorkeling, or swimming.
7. I understand that I will be diving with a dive buddy and that I will remain with my buddy at all times, unless I have been trained and certified as a solo diver; however, if my buddy and I do become separated or I decide to scuba dive in a solo manner, I do this of my own free will and decision and fully release and hold harmless West Valley Scuba LLC, dba Aloha Dive, Chris Russello and/or Deborah Disney from any and all past, present, and/or future liability and/or responsibilities connected to this decision.
8. I will immediately stop my dive if
(a) I feel uncomfortable about my diving abilities; and/or
(b) diving conditions are worse than I have been trained or have experience for.
9. I will inflate my buoyancy control system any time I am on the surface, even for just a moment.
10. I will scuba dive with a complete total diving system consisting of:
(a) Surface Support System: mask, fins, snorkel, boots, gloves, and a hood
(b) Air Delivery System: 1st Stage, 2nd Stage, and Alternate (octo) regulator or pony system
(c) Buoyancy Control System: BC with adequate positive lift for weight carried
(d) Air Management System: Air Monitor (SPG), Depth Monitor, Time Monitor or computer
(e) Environmental Protection System: Must have adequate protection for the conditions
(f) Accessory System: While night diving, a primary light, back up light, and strobe.
11. I will arrive back on board the boat or shore with a minimum of 500 PSI remaining in my cylinder (tank) on each dive.
12. I feel competent in self-rescue techniques and in giving aid to my buddy.
13. If I become distressed on the surface, I will immediately release my ballast system (weights) and inflate my buoyancy control system for permanent flotation assistance at the surface.
14. I understand that I have a duty to exercise reasonable care of my own safety and agree to do so.
15. I am aware and agree to the dangers of holding my breath or skip breathing while diving and will not hold West Valley Scuba LLC dba Aloha Dive, its officers, agents, instructors, servants, employees, or dive boat responsible if I am injured doing so.
16. I fully understand and am aware that during my trip and/or activity, dives will be conducted at locations that are remote, either by time or distance or both, from a hyperbaric chamber and has limited medical facilities, and that in the event of illness or injury, appropriate medical care must be summoned by radio or phone, and that treatment will be delayed until i can be transported to a proper medical care facility.
17. If I will be diving on oxygen enriched air (NITROX), I am fully trained in oxygen enriched air and hold a certification card from a recognized agency or I am under the direct supervision of a current certified and insured instructor who is sanctioned to teach same. I will know the following before each dive:
(a) My Maximum Operating Depth (MOD)
(b) My dosage attained (FO2 percentage)
(c) My equivalent Air Depth
(d) I will not allow more than 1.45 ATA PO2 dosage during any dive
(e) I have analyzed the gas mix and have recorded the amount in the gas log
18. I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS, EXCHANGES, OR CANCELLATION OF ANY KIND FOR ANY DEPOSITS GIVEN. RAIN CHECKS GIVEN ONLY IF THE SPOT ON THE BOAT CAN BE RESOLD.
Upon the undersigned execution of this complete release, I have been informed on the risks of Scuba Diving or Snorkeling and hereby accepts full and complete responsibility and liability for my own actions while engaging in same. The undersigned hereby agrees to hold harmless West Valley Scuba LLC dba Aloha Dive, Chris Russello, and/or Deborah Disney, including any of its officers, agents, instructors, servants, dive masters, employees, or any other third parties hired by West Valley Scuba LLC, Aloha Dive, Chris Russello, and/or Deborah Disney, from any and all past, present, and/or future liabilities and/or responsibilities with the connection of same, including injury or loss of life, which may occur to me during Snorkeling and/or Scuba Diving Activities and/or instruction. I hereby further agree not to bring suit in the event of an injury, accident, and/or death. This liability extends to my heirs, executors, assignees and/or devisees.